Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I would like to introduce myself

(Moved from old blog, originally posted Sunday, March 15, 2009).

My name is Friday and I am a Tuxedo Cat, so called because of my black coat over my white chest and legs. There are endless combinations of black and white fur among Tuxedo Cats but of course, my particular markings make for the most handsome of cats!
I was born in 1995 but I still feel like the eight-month-old I was when I took up residence with my current family.

I hold the position of Chief House Cat but, like it or not, I have to share my duties with my second-in-command, Pharoah.

Pharoah was born in 2005. He is a Champagne Tabby. He is fast as lightning, and although I am bigger and more muscular, I can't catch that speedy little guy.

I am a people cat, and even though they won't always admit it, I know that whoever visits the house has actually come to see me. Come visit me and I will go all out to make you feel welcome. But be warned, all you dog people, I will not be ignored!

Scaredy-cat Pharoah is afraid of people, ha ha, with the exception of our human servant, of course. Pharoah loves to be around me but I let him know who is boss.

Pharoah lives to be stroked and tickled by our human servant and to curl up on the bed at night. But if any other humans enter the house he usually disappears. That's fine with me, as why should he grab any of the spotlight?

Well, it's dinner time and I don't want to be rude and show up late, so that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment