Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Why would anybody want to wear somebody else's fur?

(Moved from old blog, originally posted Sunday, March 22, 2009)

Sure, I wear a fur coat every day... but it's my own fur! I wouldn't dream of running over to your house and stealing your coat, especially if you were still wearing it! And all in the name of fashion?

Well, as a Tuxedo Cat I am fashionable by default, just the luck of the draw, I guess. I could have been born a Tabby, ick. Maybe then I would need to steal somebody else's fur coat before going out in public.

But I really don't understand this fashion thing. Why do you have to kill an innocent baby animal just to look good? Aren't you beautiful wearing your own skin (or fur, as the case may be)? Okay, even if you are a Tabby.

Did you know that baby seals are clubbed to death to make coats? I'm relieved that cat skin coats are not fashionable. But that doesn't help the seals.

Chef Cat Cora is working with the Humane Society to stop Canada's cruel seal hunt. She says:
"This year's hunt may start as soon as this Monday! Over the last four years, more than one million seal pups have been killed -- clubbed, shot, and even skinned alive on Canada's ice floes -- in the largest marine mammal slaughter on Earth. And it's all in the name of fur fashion."

Would you want to wear a coat with such bad karma?

Help the Humane Society help the seals... boycott Canadian seafood... quick, before they decide to make a tuxedo out of a Tuxedo Cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment